Accurate, reliable and fast detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae infections in 90 minutes
On-demand male and female Trichomonas vaginalis results in 40 minutes* * With EAT (early assay termination) for positive resultsOrdering Info
- Identification of Trichomonas vaginalis (TV) infections is problematic. The demanding nature of this fragile organism outside its ideal living conditions, compounded with the poor sensitivity of wet mount microscopy and time delays for conclusive diagnosis from culture methods, makes detection of this asymptomatic infection a challenge. Symptoms alone are insufficient to diagnose a Trichomonas vaginalis infection. In women, the characteristics of vaginal discharge, color and odor, are poor predictors of this commonly asymptomatic infection.1
- Trichomonas vaginalis was found in over 73% of the male partners of women with trichomoniasis.2 To prevent serial reinfection, all recent and current sex partners of patients with acute, persistent, or recurrent trichomoniasis should be treated or referred for treatment regardless of symptoms.3
What would help laboratories offering TV testing?
- Accurate, reliable, and reproducible tests
- Assay indications for key male and female specimens
- Elimination of repetitive microscopy readings
- Less time preparing samples and reagents
(1) Wolner-Hanssen, et al. Clinical manifestation of vaginal trichomoniasis. JAMA. 1989;264:571–6.;
(2) Hobbs MM, et al. Methods for detection of Trichomonas vaginalis in the male partners of infected women: Implications for control of trichomoniasis. J Clin Microbiol. 2006;44:3994-9. Epub 2006 Sep 13.
(3) HIV Clinical Resource. August 2012. Accessed Nov 2014. http://www.hivguidelines.org/clinical-guidelines/womens-health/ trichomoniasis/
- Now anyone can run a TV test with confidence. Each test cartridge contains everything you need, including three controls to ensure test integrity and performance. With Xpert TV, same-day patient consultation and treatment are now a reality for clinicians.
On-demand TV testing — a next generation solution:
- The first NAAT to deliver TV results for male urine samples
- Near patient easy-to-use technology
- Sample Adequacy Control to confirm presence of human DNA
- More tests than any platform
Each self-contained Xpert cartridge has controls for three specific failure modes:
- Sample Adequacy Control (SAC) – confirms adequate patient sample collection
- Sample Processing Control (SPC) – ensures the sample is correctly processed
- Probe Check Control (PCC) – monitors reagent systems in each and every cartridge
- Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) offer the highest sensitivity for the detection of TV. Improve your laboratory workflow with simple, on-demand, random-access flexibility. Combine performance with the ability to run other tests (such as CT/NG, HPV, HIV*, GBS, C. difficile, and Flu) on the GeneXpert® System to achieve proven increase in overall laboratory level service.
- Shift from reactive to proactive
- Deliver high sensitivity NAAT results for accurate diagnosis in both men and women
- Deliver near patient results on-demand as soon as 35 minutes^
- Support patient consultations with real time results
- Help patients and their partners live healthier lives
* Pending CE-IVD approval. Product distribution outside the United States.
^ Early Assay Termination for positive results.
Number of Tests: 10Catalog #: GXTV-CE-10
50 Ready-To-Use Individual KitsCatalog #: SWAB/A-50
50 Ready-To-Use Individual KitsCatalog #: URINE/A-50
Xpert Vaginal/Endocervical Specimen Collection kits – 50 ready-to-use individual kitsCatalog #: SWAB/G-50