Fast and Accurate Diagnosis of Chlamydia and Gonorrhea
The First Molecular Trichomonas Vaginalis Test for Both Women and Men
Identification of Trichomonas vaginalis (TV) infections is problematic. The demanding nature of this fragile organism outside its ideal living conditions, compounded with the poor sensitivity of wet mount microscopy and time delays for conclusive diagnosis from culture methods, makes detection of this asymptomatic infection a challenge. Symptoms alone are insufficient to diagnose a TV infection. In women, the characteristics of vaginal discharge, color and odor, are poor predictors of this commonly asymptomatic infection.1 TV was found in over 73% of the male partners of women with trichomoniasis.2
To prevent serial reinfection, all recent and current sex partners of patients with acute, persistent, or recurrent trichomoniasis should be treated or referred for treatment regardless of symptoms.3
What would help laboratories offering TV testing?
- Accurate, reliable, and reproducible tests
- Test indications for male and female specimens
- Elimination of repetitive microscopy readings
- Less time preparing samples and reagents
Now anyone can run a TV test with confidence. Each test cartridge contains everything you need, including three controls to ensure test integrity and performance. With Xpert TV, same-day patient consultation and treatment are now a reality for clinicians.
On-demand TV testing — a next generation solution:
- The first NAAT to deliver TV results for male urine samples
- Near patient easy-to-use technology
- Intended for both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients so clinicians can screen individuals at higher risk of infection
Each self-contained Xpert cartridge has controls for three specific failure modes:
- Sample Adequacy Control (SAC) – confirms adequate patient sample collection
- Sample Processing Control (SPC) – ensures the sample is correctly processed
- Probe Check Control (PCC) – monitors reagent systems in each and every cartridge
Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) offer the highest sensitivity for the detection of TV. Improve your laboratory workflow with simple, on-demand, random-access flexibility. Combine performance with the ability to run other tests (such as SARS-CoV-2, CT/NG, MG, HPV, HIV, HCV, and GBS) on the GeneXpert® System to improve overall service levels of your laboratory.
Shift from reactive to proactive
- Deliver high sensitivity NAAT results for accurate diagnosis in both men and women
- Deliver near patient results on-demand as soon as 40* – 65 minutes
- Support patient consultations with real time results
- Help patients and their partners live healthier lives
(1) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Trichomoniasis – CDC Fact Sheet. Accessed Aug 2021. https://www.cdc.gov/std/trichomonas/stdfact-trichomoniasis.htm
(2) Van Gerwen O, et al. Epidemiology, Natural History, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Trichomonas vaginalis in Men. Clin Infect Dis. 2021 Jun 3; ciab514.
(3) Workowski KA, et al. Sexually Transmitted Infections Treatment Guidelines, 2021. MMWR Recomm Rep 2021;70 (No. RR-4):1–187.
* Early Assay Termination for positive results.
Number of Tests: 10Catalog #: GXTV-CE-10
50 Ready-To-Use Individual KitsCatalog #: SWAB/A-50
50 Ready-To-Use Individual KitsCatalog #: URINE/A-50
Xpert Vaginal/Endocervical Specimen Collection kits – 50 ready-to-use individual kitsCatalog #: SWAB/G-50