Sensitive and quantitative monitoring of BCR-ABL mRNA in patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML)
Thrombophilia is defined as an increased risk or tendency to develop blood clots as a consequence of predisposing factors that may be inherited or acquired. A thrombus may form in either the venous or arterial vascular system. Venous thrombophilia is usually related to an abnormality of the coagulation system and may result in deep venous thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolism (PE).
Historically, laboratory analysis for thrombophilia has consisted primarily of detecting deficiencies of Antithrombin, Protein C and Protein S, and testing for dysfibrinogenemia and antiphospholid antibodies/lupus anticoagulants.
In the last decade it has been shown that venous thromboembolism is a complex pathology that is reliant upon the interaction of both acquired and genetic factors. In this regard, FII and FV Leiden mutations play an important role in the pathogenesis of DVT in combination with acquired factors such as age.
Xpert® FII & FV is a qualitative genotyping test for the rapid detection of Factor II (FII) and Factor V (FV) alleles. Performed on the Cepheid GeneXpert System, the test is intended to provide rapid results for FII (G20210A) and FV Leiden (G1691A) mutations as an aid in the diagnosis of suspected thrombophilia.
- Molecular lab in a cartridge: DNA Extraction, amplification and detection in one cartridge
- 24/7 availability: Run daily, or on-demand, with a simplified workflow
- Proven accuracy: Multi-site study verified over 1,000 patient samples with results comparable to those obtained with bi-directional sequencing
- On-demand: 30 minute FII and FV genotyping
- Actionable: No added wait time to obtain complete thrombophilia work-up
- Avoids expensive ‘send-outs’ to reference labs
- Optimize labor resources: No specialized personnel or lab facilities required
Cepheid’s Xpert FII & FV test provides on-demand results you can trust and empowers your clinical team to better manage patients.
Speed and single-test confidence to make the most efficient use of your highly-trained resources. Accelerate your laboratory’s workflow with on-demand, random-access flexibility. Combine performance with the ability to run other tests (such as GBS, MRSA, C. difficile, and Flu) on the GeneXpert® System to achieve proven increase in overall laboratory level service.
- Achieve same-day containment and improve patient management
- Deliver same-day results to clinicians with a 30 minute, on-demand test
- Notify patient faster
- Help more patients live healthier lives
Xpert® FII & FV
FII and FV genotyping - Number of Tests: 10Catalog #: GXFIIFV-10
Journey Inside the Cepheid GeneXpert® Cartridge - 3D Animation
The cornerstone of the GeneXpert testing process is Cepheid's patented, self-contained, single use cartridge. Sample extraction, amplification and detection are all carried out within this self-contained "laboratory in a cartridge".