Detection of Clostridium difficile infection with an independent call-out of binary toxin and differentiation of the 027 strain in under an hour
The tremendous increase of both hospital acquired and community acquired MRSA in skin and soft tissue infections requires a change in management of these infections. Cepheid's on-demand Xpert® MRSA/SA SSTI test detects the presence of S. aureus (SA) or methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) in skin and soft tissue infections in less than one hour.
SSTIs are a major health concern
- The most common cause of skin and soft tissue infections is Staph aureus; MRSA represents over 50% of these infections in parts of the U.S.
- Current laboratory methods can take up to 72 hours to determine if a SSTI is SA or MRSA
- Empiric treatment, found to be incorrect in 57% of patients according to one study, is employed due to lack of a rapid identification method
The only rapid and comprehensive SSTI test available
- Xpert MRSA/SA SSTI is a rapid, on-demand test for detecting MRSA and SA from skin and soft tissue swabs in less than one hour
- Xpert MRSA/SA SSTI is the most comprehensive Staph aureus test available:
- Includes targets for Staph aureus, MRSA, and mecA
- Identifies presumptive positive "empty cassette" strains for correct classification as SA sensitive
- Unparalleled automation with the GeneXpert® System provides reduced hands-on time and improved laboratory efficiency
Important healthcare benefits of rapid detection
- Helps ensure the right therapy sooner for improved patient management
- Enables a targeted antimicrobial therapy approach for better antimicrobial stewardship
- Allows for immediate identification of patient infection for improved isolation and infection control measures
Xpert® MRSA/SA SSTI
Number of Tests: 10Catalog #: GXMRSA/SA-SSTI-CE
Xpert® MRSA/SA SSTI
Number of Swabs: 50Catalog #: 900-0370
Each time a microorganism becomes resistant to an antibiotic, we lose another weapon in the war against infection. New resistance mechanisms are emerging — and spreading globally — every day. The result? In the very near future, we may be left without any drugs at all to fight serious, resistant infections.1 In the face of diagnostic uncertainty, fast and accurate molecular diagnostics can help provide the information needed. Fight back against antibiotic resistance with diagnostics first. Learn how on-demand molecular testing can help achieve your institution’s Infection Prevention and Antimicrobial Stewardship goals. 1 World Health Organization. “Antimicrobial resistance: global report on surveillance.” June, 2014.