Detection of Clostridium difficile in 40 minutes*
45-minutes.* No Compromises.
Xpert vanA empowers clinicians to make critical decisions at the time it is needed most, thereby improving the quality of patient care while reducing cost.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 30% of all healthcare-associated enterococcal infections are caused by Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci (VRE).1 However, VRE can be even more prevalent in high risk groups, such as immunocompromised and ICU patients.
The human and financial impact of VRE is high2:
- Attributable mortality: 10%
- Extended length of stay: 6.2 days
- Incremental cost: $12,800
* With EAT (Early Assay Termination), for Positive Results
(1) CDC. Antibiotic Resistance Threats in the United States, 2019. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, CDC; 2019.
(2) Carmeli Y, et al. Health and economic outcomes of vancomycin-resistant enterococci. Arch Intern Med. 2002 Oct 28;162(19):2223-8.
The CDC and SHEA have both published guidelines on how to reduce or eliminate healthcare associated infections.3,4 As a part of a quality infection control program, Cepheid's Xpert vanA provides:
- Rapid and accurate detection of the vanA gene most closely associated with VRE colonization
- Superior NPV required in a surveillance test
- Easy-to-use test with minimal hands-on time
(3) Siegel JD, et al. Management of multidrug-resistant organisms in health care settings, 2006. Am J Infect Control. 2007 Dec;35(10 Suppl 2):S165-93.
(4) Muto CA, et al. SHEA guideline for preventing nosocomial transmission of multidrug-resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus and enterococcus. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2003 May;24(5):362-86.
Number of Tests: 10Catalog #: GXVANA-10
Catawba Valley Medical Center leverage the GeneXpert® for HAI Testing
Catawba Valley Medical Center, a non-profit, locally controlled community hospital in Hickory North Carolina highlights how they utilize the GeneXpert System throughout the hospital to improve patient care.
Orthopedic Surgery Hospital
Orthopedic Surgery Hospital raises the bar with MRSA/SA eradication program.
Five-Campus Health System
Five-campus health system fulfills senior management challenge to dramatically reduce HAIs.
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center improves adherence to optimized testing protocols for C. difficile resulting in lower C. difficile rates and decreased patient time in isolation.
White Paper: Supporting CDC’s Four Core Actions to Fight Antimicrobial Resistance
CDC has declared the complex problem of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) a serious threat today, which will result in potential catastrophic consequences with continued inaction. To combat AMR, the CDC has identified 4 core actions, all of which can be addressed through rapid molecular diagnostics:
Webinar: RDT+ASP: How New Rapid Diagnostics are Supercharging Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs
This webinar discusses data supporting the combination of rapid diagnostic tests (RDT) and antimicrobial stewardship programs (ASPs), reviews RDT systems, and provides guidance on how ASPs can implement and optimize the use of RDTs in virtually any healthcare setting.