Detection of Clostridium difficile in 45-minutes
Xpert® C. difficile/Epi — Identify. Differentiate. Prevent.
Numerous outbreaks caused by the epidemic strain of C. difficile (027/NAP1/BI strain) highlight the need for rapid and accurate differentiation of C. difficile 027/NAP1/BI strains in order to stay ahead of an outbreak.
- Higher risk of cross contamination with 027/NAP1/BI strain due to more efficient sporulation1,2,3
- 027/NAP1/BI strain has been identified as a cause of outbreaks around the world4,5,6,7,8
- Incremental costs due to C. difficile infection can be as high as $7,1799 per patient
(1) Akerlund et al., Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 2008, p. 1530–1533;
(2) Warny et al., Lancet 2005; 366: 1079–84;
(3) Bartlett. Ann Intern Med. 2006;145:758-764;
(4) Kalle et al., Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2009; 30:264-272;
(5) Kuijer et al., Eurosurveillance Vol 12, Issues 3–6, Apr–Jun 2007;
(6) Muto et al., Clinical Infectious Diseases 2007; 45:1266–73;
(7) McDonald et al., New England Journal of Medicine 2005;353:2433-41;
(8) Loo et al., New England Journal of Medicine 2005;353:2442-9;
(9) Jarvis et al., American Journal of Infection Control, 2009;37:263-70
Xpert C. difficile/Epi is the first commercially available test in the world to detect and differentiate the epidemic strain of C. difficile (027/NAP1/BI). With rapid and accurate identification of epidemic strain, Infection Control professional can stay ahead of potential outbreak situation.
- Innovative multiplex design enables detection of C. difficile Infection (CDI) and 027/NAP1/BI strain call-out in a single cartridge
- On-Demand testing of samples from suspected CDI patients provides
- On-Demand epidemiological surveillance data clinicians can act on Monitoring and reporting of the epidemic strain enables clinicians to improve infection control efforts
Cepheid's Xpert C. difficile/Epi test provides on-demand results you can trust and empowers your clinical team to better manage patients.
Xpert® C. difficile/Epi
Number of Tests: 10Catalog #: GXCDIFF/EPI-10
Catawba Valley Medical Center leverage the GeneXpert® for HAI Testing
Catawba Valley Medical Center, a non-profit, locally controlled community hospital in Hickory North Carolina highlights how they utilize the GeneXpert System throughout the hospital to improve patient care.
Cepheid's One-Hour PCR Technology
Cepheid’s one-hour PCR technology enabled VAMC Houston to quickly identify and isolate MRSA colonized and C. difficile positive patients resulting in lower HAI rates.
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center improves adherence to optimized testing protocols for C. difficile resulting in lower C. difficile rates and decreased patient time in isolation.
White Paper: Supporting CDC’s Four Core Actions to Fight Antimicrobial Resistance
CDC has declared the complex problem of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) a serious threat today, which will result in potential catastrophic consequences with continued inaction. To combat AMR, the CDC has identified 4 core actions, all of which can be addressed through rapid molecular diagnostics: