Simplified HBV viral load monitoring with a flexible workflow for any testing setting, offering patients quality results in about an hour
Xpert® HIV-1 Qual
Same day detection of HIV-1 infection to support early infant diagnosis and identification of acute infection in 92 minutesOrdering Info
The World Health Organization estimates that 35 million people worldwide are currently living with HIV/AIDS.1
Of those infected, 2.1 million represent new infections and an estimated 240,000 are children.2 One-third of all people living with HIV reside in nine countries in southern Africa, which only account for 2% of the global population.3 Without timely HIV testing and therapy initiation, one-third of HIV-infected infants will die before their first birthday and more than 50% will die before reaching two years old.2
Early diagnosis of HIV infection in infants is a necessity; however, many patients are lost to follow-up while waiting for an early test.
A highly sensitive HIV qualitative test is needed for detecting HIV infection in pediatric patients 18 months of age or younger. To reduce loss to patient follow up, a near-patient, same-day HIV PCR test is critical to expand access for high risk patients and infants.
(1) WHO. HIV/AIDS Fact sheet N°360. Updated November 2014.
(2) UNAIDS. Gap Report 2014 Jul. Updated Sep 2014. Accessed Mar 2015.
(3) Hankins C. Overview of the Current State of the Epidemic. Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 2013
Xpert HIV-1 Qual is a qualitative test that provides on-demand molecular testing for early diagnosis.
Based on the GeneXpert technology, Xpert HIV-1 Qual provides a total nucleic acid based test for RNA and proviral DNA in one fully integrated cartridge.
- 100 μl of WB or 1 DBS (60-70 μL)
- Simple near-patient workflow
- No requirements for PCR room settings
- No daily maintenance or liquid waste management
- 90 minutes run time
- No batch, no delay
- 1 minute hands-on time
- Providing up to 403 results per 8 hours*
- Random access 24/7 availability
- Run multiple different tests on the same platform at any time
- Fixed cost per reportable result independent of daily volume
* Operational throughput on Infinity-80; internal analysis.
- Greater Sensitivity: Detect HIV infections up to 7-10 days before seroconversion
- Improve Patient Care: Same day results support better clinical decisions
- Increase Efficiency: Rapid results enable immediate intervention to save lives at birth
- Strengthen Communities: Quick decisions can help reduce morbidity or mortality in HIV-infected infants
Get Answers Earlier
Xpert HIV-1 Qual detected HIV-1 on average nine days earlier than a panel of HIV-1 antibody tests and five days earlier than a panel of HIV-1 antigen p24 tests.*
* Data in Xpert HIV-1 Qual Package Insert. Internal Analysis. Antibody tests: Abbott HIV 1/2 EIA, Abbott PRISM HIV-1/2, Abbott Murex HIV 1.2.O HIV, Bio-Rad GS HIV-1/HIV-2 Plus O EIA, Siemens HIV 1/O/2 Enhanced ADVIA Centaur. Antigen p24-tests: Abbott, Coulter HIV-1 p24 Antigen, Innogenetics RL29, Perkin Elmer Alliance HIV-1 p24 ELISA
Xpert® HIV-1 Qual
Number of Tests: 10Catalog #: GXHIV-QA-CE-10
Early diagnosis of HIV and use of molecular Point-of-Care HIV testing as part of a comprehensive strategy to end HIV transmission
According to UNAIDS1 the world is embarking on a Fast-Track strategy to end the AIDS epidemic by 2030. There is a strong global consensus that powerful tools now exist to end the AIDS epidemic. HIV treatment can dramatically extend the lifespan of people living with HIV and effectively prevent HIV transmission. HIV testing is a crucial element, where a positive result offers the opportunity to start treatment as soon as possible and a confirmed negative result opens the possibility to start quickly with Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP). On the other side, HIV programs will only be effective if community groups and organisations are part of the implementation. This webinar will explore the benefits of molecular Point-Of-Care HIV testing, within the context of a community centre for men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender Women (TW), for three different applications: confirmation of a positive HIV rapid test, detection of an acute HIV infection, and screening of acute infections at the start of PrEP. 1 http://www.unaids.org/sites/default/files/media_asset/JC2686_WAD2014report_en.pdf CE-IVD. In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Device. Not all tests available in all countries. Not available in the U.S.