Active MRSA surveillance testing in about an hour
Norovirus is a highly contagious virus and is the most common cause of viral gastroenteritis worldwide. Globally, the virus affects approximately 267 million people and causes over 200,000 deaths each year.1
- Norovirus outbreaks in healthcare institutions require immediate implementation of infection control measures to avoid ward closures
- Patients with acute diarrhea should be placed into isolation until proven non-infectious2
- The majority of Norovirus infections are caused by genotype I & genotype II (GI & GII) — both of which must be tested for to ensure proper outbreak prevention and management
(1) Debbink K, et al. Norovirus Immunity and the Great Escape. PLoS Pathog. 2012 Oct; 8(10): e1002921.
(2) MacCannell T, et al. Guideline For The Prevention and Control of Norovirus Gastroenteritis Outbreaks in Healthcare Settings. CDC. 2017. Accessed May 2020. https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/pdf/guidelines/norovirus-guidelines.pdf
Controlling a Norovirus outbreak requires an accurate, easy-to-use test that detects Noroviruses of genogroup I (GI) and genogroup II (GII), which are responsible for the majority of infections.
Xpert® Norovirus delivers:
- High sensitivity and specificity with results in as little as one hour*, delivering accurate and actionable results for immediate decisions
- Accurate identification of norovirus infections can help ensure adequate isolation management (guided cohorting)
- Laboratory efficiencies with on-demand workflows requiring minimal hands-on time
- Optimized management of isolation beds for improved patient management and reduced costs
* with EAT (Early Assay Termination), for positive results
Having an accurate and fast Norovirus test provides actionable information for clinicians to improve patient management and outcomes. Xpert Norovirus provides the most efficient and cost effective use of your valuable resources in identifying, preventing and managing outbreaks.
Accelerate your laboratory’s workflow
- Deliver same day results to clinicians in as little as one hour
- Instrument consolidation lowers operating costs while increasing laboratory service
- Achieve same-day containment and improve patient management and outcomes
Number of Tests: 10Catalog #: GXNOV-CE-10
Number per Pack: 120Catalog #: SDPS-120