Designed for near patient testing for the rapid detection of Group A Streptococcus DNA in as soon as 18 minutes* * With EAT (early assay termination) for positive results
Since the first discovery of Ebola virus in 1976, Ebola virus disease (EVD) has occurred sporadically throughout West Africa.
EVD is a severe and highly contagious illness. The average EVD case fatality rate is around 50%. Case fatality rates have varied from 25% to 90% in past outbreaks.2 However, the survival rate can improve dramatically with implementation of early supportive care.2
The Ebola outbreak has spread beyond Africa and reached Europe and the United States. The global outbreak of EVD heightens the need for a fast and accurate diagnostics.
(1) WHO. Urgently needed: rapid, sensitive, safe and simple Ebola diagnostic tests. Ebola situation assessment. 18 Nov 2014. Accessed Apr 2015. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/ebola/18-november-2014-diagnostics/en/
(2) WHO. Ebola virus disease. Feb 2020. https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/ebola-virus-disease
Unprecedented sensitivity for detecting Ebola virus
- Dual target design, also found in the Cepheid’s Anthrax test*, ensures high accuracy
- Sample Reagent that reduces biohazard risk to manageable level^
- On-demand results that empowers physicians to manage crisis
- Self-contained cartridge system that minimizes potential contamination
* No false positive after 13+ million anthrax tests as of March 2015; Not for diagnostic use
^ Inactivated sample can be handled in BSL2 laboratory3
Xpert® Ebola will accelerate your laboratory’s workflow with on-demand, random-access flexibility. In combination with other available tests (including Xpert® Xpress Flu/RSV, Xpert® GBS, Xpert® MRSA NxG, Xpert® C. difficile, Xpert® CT/NG, Xpert® Xpress SARS-CoV-2, and Xpert® MTB/RIF Ultra), Cepheid’s GeneXpert® System delivers proven productivity increases in overall laboratory service.
- Fast turn-around time – results in 94 minutes
- Sensitive: can detect as few as 0.13 PFU/mL of Ebola Zaire Virus
- Simple sample processing makes the test ideal for emergency use
- Accepts whole blood (EDTA or finger-stick) or buccal swab specimens
Number of Tests: 10Catalog #: GXEBOLA-CE-10
Number of Tests: 50Catalog #: GXEBOLA-CE-50
Number of Swabs: 50Catalog #: SWAB/E-50