Designed for near patient testing for the rapid detection of Group A Streptococcus DNA in as soon as 18 minutes* * With EAT (early assay termination) for positive results
- Since the first discovery of Ebola virus in 1976, Ebola virus disease (EVD) has occurred sporadically throughout West Africa.
- EVD is a severe and highly contagious illness. The fatality rate can be as high as 90%. However, the survival rate can improve dramatically with implementation of early supportive care.2
- The most recent Ebola outbreak has spread beyond Africa and reached Europe and the United States. The global outbreak of EVD heightens the need for a fast and accurate diagnostics.
(1) WHO. Urgently needed: rapid, sensitive, safe and simple Ebola diagnostic tests. Ebola situation assessment. 18 Nov 2014. Accessed Apr 2015. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/ebola/18-november-2014-diagnostics/en/;
(2) WHO. Ebola virus disease. Fact sheet N°103. Updated Apr 2015. Accessed Apr 2015. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/
Xpert Ebola delivers:
- Unprecedented sensitivity for detecting Ebola virus
- Dual target design, also found in the Cepheid’s Anthrax test*, ensures high accuracy
- Sample Reagent that reduces biohazard risk to manageable level^
- On-demand results that empowers physicians to manage crisis
- Self-contained cartridge system that minimizes potential contamination
* No false positive after 13+ million anthrax tests as of March 2015; Not for diagnostic use
^ Inactivated sample can be handled in BSL2 laboratory3
(3) WHO. Laboratory Guidance for the Diagnosis of Ebola Virus Disease. Interim Guideline. 2014 Sept 19.
- Xpert Ebola will accelerate your laboratory’s workflow with on-demand, random-access flexibility. In combination with other available Xpert® tests (including Flu/RSV XC, GBS, MRSA, C. difficile, CT/NG, and MTB/RIF), Cepheid’s GeneXpert®
- System delivers proven productivity increases in overall laboratory service.
- Be Prepared
- Fast turn-around time – results in 98 minutes
- Ultrasensitive: can detect as few as 0.13 PFU/mL of Ebola Zaire Virus
- Simple sample processing makes the test ideal for emergency use
- Accepts whole blood (EDTA or finger-stick) or buccal swab specimens
Number of Tests: 10Catalog #: GXEBOLA-CE-10
Number of Tests: 50Catalog #: GXEBOLA-CE-50
Number of Swabs: 50Catalog #: SWAB/E-50