E-waste Management Policy
We at Cepheid India Pvt. Ltd., believe in providing quality service to our customers without negatively impacting the environment. Cepheid strives to improve environmental performance of each product throughout its life cycle by adopting best in class E-waste management practices.
The Cepheid recycling program reflects our efforts for E-waste management to eliminate environmental problems.
What is E-waste?
As per the E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016; which went into effect on 1st October 2016, E-waste refers to the electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part discarded as waste by the consumers, as well as rejects from manufacturing, refurbishment and repair processes. E-waste includes substances that can have adverse effect on environment as well as human health.
Often, E-waste comprises of toxic chemicals like lead, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) and Polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs). If not disposed in a scientific way, E-waste can cause negative impacts on environmental and human health.
General Scheme of Collection for Safe Disposal/Recycling of Desktops/Laptops by Cepheid India
- Customers to reach out Cepheid Technical Support by dialling in through toll free number 1800 420 9099 when the Laptops/desktops attached with diagnostic product reach its end of Life (EOL)or part of the product is dysfunctional
- Upon request for replacement of dysfunctional part or part which needs disposal after end of life, Cepheid instruct their service provider (PISPL or DTDC) to collect the defective or EOL E-waste from customer’s door step and replace the dysfunctional part with new one, if needed.
- The dysfunctional part or the E-waste (laptop/desktop) is delivered at the Cepheid Service centre at Cepheid India Pvt. Ltd., 9th Floor, Tower B, Paras Twins Tower, Golf Course Road, Suncity, Sector-54, Gurugram, Haryana-122002 through courier facilities by the service provider
- Post receipt of the dysfunctional part or the E-waste (desktop/laptop) at the Cepheid service centre, the technical team explore opportunity for repairing, refurbishing and recovering parts of the equipment for potential reuse.
- If the equipment or its parts cannot be repaired or reused, it is picked up by authorized E-waste recycler (in this case M/s. Green Recycling Waste management) and deliver to their warehouse J-983, RIICO Industrial Area Chopanki, Bhiwandi, Alwar (Rajasthan) – 301019 in line with requirements mandated under E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016
For further assistance, please contact us on our toll free number (1.800.420.9099)
Names/address of collection center, reverse logistic service provider, courier service, E-Waste Recycler etc.
|Collection Center||Cepheid India Pvt. Ltd., 9th Floor, Tower B, Paras Twins Tower, Golf Course Road, Suncity, Sector-54, Gurugram, Haryana-122002|
Parekh Integrated Services Private Limited, Parekh Prints,1st Floor, IIt Bhatti, Italian Textile compound Goregaon (east), Mumbai-400063, Maharashtra
DTDC channel Partner: Neha Courier Service , C-196/1 , Mayapuri Industrial Area, Phase-2,New Delhi-110064
|E-Waste Recycler||M/s Green Recycling Waste Management, J-983, RIICO Industrial Area Chopanki, Bhiwadi, Alwar (Rajasthan) - 301019|
Provision of toll-free numbers for consumers to help them in sending their E-waste
+1 (800) 420 9099
Steps for Safe Channelization and Recycling of Desktops/Laptops by Cepheid India
- Customers with defective desktops and laptops should reach out to Cepheid’s customer service team (contacted via a toll-free number 1800-420-9099).
- Defective E-waste material are being picked up by PSIPL or DTDC and delivered to collection center, Cepheid India Pvt. Ltd., 9th Floor, Tower B, Paras Twins Tower, Golf Course Road, Suncity, Sector-54, Gurugram, Haryana-122002.
- Further the E-waste at Cepheid office will be collected by the authorized E-waste recycler (M/s Green Recycling Waste Management) and deliver to their warehouse J-983, RIICO Industrial Area Chopanki, Bhiwandi, Alwar (Rajasthan) - 301019 in line with requirements mandated under E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016.
E-Waste Channelization Flow chart