On-demand PCR technology has far-reaching influences on HAI rates, health care outcomes, hospital length of stay, isolation days, patient satisfaction, antibiotic stewardship, and health care economics."1
(1)Spencer et al. A primer on on-demand polymerase chain reaction technology. Am J Infect Control. 2015 43(10):1102-8.
MRSA is an evolving threat that requires uncompromising solutions
- Every year, new strains emerge and threaten to erode recent hard-fought gains in HAI prevention2
- Active surveillance is proven to help reduce HAI rates,3 but sensitivity and speed are essential4
- Effective infection control programs require an on-demand test that meets clinician and laboratory needs
(2) Bal et al. Genomic insights into the emergence and spread of international clones of healthcare-, community- and livestock-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: Blurring of the traditional definitions. J Glob Antimicrob Resist. 2016 6:95-101.; (3) Hacek et al. Implementation of a universal admission surveillance and decolonization program for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) reduces the number of MRSA and total number of S. aureus isolates reported by the clinical laboratory. J Clin Microbiol. 2009 47(11):3749-52.; (4) Wassenberg et al. Costs and benefits of rapid screening of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carriage in intensive care units: a prospective multicenter study. Crit Care. 2012 16(1):R22.
The #1 on-demand test for MRSA colonization is now improved
- Expanded coverage demonstrated using an extensive library of over 195 MRSA strains from around the world5
- Updated primers detect both mecA and mecC strains and reduce false-positive results due to “empty cassettes”5
- Validated for use with both rayon swabs and ESwab™ (Copan)5
(5) Xpert MRSA NxG Package Insert.
Xpert MRSA NxG is an accurate, on-demand PCR test that provides actionable results in about an hour.
Shift your lab from reactive to proactive
- Quickly identify MRSA-colonized patients who require contact precautions to reduce the risk of transmission and avoid costly outbreaks
- Improve overall patient safety by reducing the risk of MRSA infection
Studies have shown that MRSA screening programs using on-demand molecular tests contribute to:
- Decreased MRSA infection rates in the ICU by 62%6
- Reduced isolation days by 44%4
- Decreased overall hospital costs4
(4) Wassenberg et al. Costs and benefits of rapid screening of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carriage in intensive care units: a prospective multicenter study. Crit Care. 2012 16(1):R22.; (6) Jain et al. Veterans Affairs initiative to prevent methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections. N Engl J Med. 2011 364(15):1419-30.
- Decreasing MRSA Transmissions and Surgical Site Infections: A Case Study
- Cepheid - The Molecular Diagnostics Leader
- Catalog #: GXMRSA-NXG-10
Xpert MRSA NxG
Number of Tests: 10
- Catalog #: GXMRSA-NXG-120
Xpert MRSA NxG
Number of Tests: 120
- How can I place an order?
Submit your request using our Request Information form, or call 1.888.838.3222, select option 1.