Accurate diagnosis of influenza is critical for clinical management, infection control, and public health actions. Because of variability in RIDT performance, especially at lower viral concentrations, negative RIDT test results might not exclude influenza virus infection in patients with signs and symptoms suggestive of influenza."
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. Evaluation of 11 Commercially Available Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Tests — United States, 2011–2012. November 2, 2012 / 61(43);873-876.
Accurate diagnosis of influenza is critical for clinical management and infection control measures in healthcare settings. While rapid influenza detection tests (RIDTs) have been widely used, the appearance and worldwide spread of 2009 H1N1 virus highlighted the need for reassessing influenza testing programs.
Overwhelming evidence shows RIDTs lack adequate clinical performance and therefore clinical usefulness. The need for rapid and accurate influenza diagnostics is greater than ever.
Rapid and accurate determination of Flu A and Flu B infection and identification of 2009 H1N1 strain type maximizes medical decision making – enabling testing to take place in real time during a patient presentation.
Xpert Flu delivers:
- Rapid identification of infection, improving isolation and infection control measures and enhancing patient flow and bed utilization
- High clinical value from accurate detection and differentiation of Flu A from Flu B infection and simultaneous identification of 2009 H1N1 flu strain
- Improved lab workflow efficiencies with less than two minutes hands-on time
- On-demand STAT testing with innovative single-use cartridge design
- Accepts Nasal Aspirate/Washes (NA/W) or Nasopharyngeal (NP)
Single-test confidence will accelerate your laboratory’s workflow with on-demand, random-access flexibility. Combine performance with the ability to run other tests (such as GBS, MRSA, C. difficile, and CT/NG) on Cepheid’s GeneXpert® System to achieve proven productivity increase in overall laboratory service.
Shift your lab from reactive to proactive
- Achieve same-day containment and improve patient management
- Deliver same-day results to clinicians with a 75 minute, on-demand test
- Quickly deliver targeted therapies & peace of mind to patients
- Cepheid - The Molecular Diagnostics Leader
- Catalog #: GXFLU-10A
Number of Tests: 10
- Catalog #: GXFLU-SPAK
Xpert Flu StartPAK
- How can I place an order?
Submit your request using our Request Information form, or call 1.888.838.3222, select option 1.