Xpert HIV-1 Viral Load delivers excellent performance as required for routine patient follow-up with the advantages of being simple and flexible enough to accommodate any daily test volume as well as any urgent single analysis.”
Head of the Virology laboratory, laboratory associated to the HIV French National Reference Center Rouen University Hospital, Rouen, France
The World Health Organization estimates that 35 million people worldwide are currently living with HIV/AIDS.1
Today, measurement of blood plasma HIV-1 RNA concentration (known as HIV viral load) using nucleic acid- based molecular diagnostic assays has been established as the standard of care in assessing HIV-positive patient prognosis and response to antiretroviral therapy.Assessment of viral load levels is a strong predictor of the rate of disease progression and, by itself or in combination with CD4 T-cell counts, has great prognostic value.2-7
Existing HIV-1 viral load tests are complicated to use, require complex technical settings and highly trained technicians to operate. These complex systems require daily maintenance to prevent contamination issues and lack the flexibility needed to provide rapid answers when required.
The need for a rapid HIV viral load test with flexibility to adapt to any throughput requirements and random access for urgent samples is greater than ever because each individual patient deserves better care.
(1) WHO Global summary of the AIDS epidemic 2013. WHO – HIV Department July 21, 2014.; (2) Katzenstein DA, et all. The relation of virologic and immunologic markers to clinical outcomes after nucleoside therapy in HIV-infected adults with 200 to 500 CD4 cells per cubic millimeter. AIDS Clinical Trials Group Study 175 Virology Study Team. N Engl J Med. 1996 Oct 10;335(15):1091-8.; (3) Mellors JW, et al. Plasma viral load and CD4+ lymphocytes as prognostic markers of HIV-1 infection. Ann Intern Med. 1997 Jun 15;126(12):946-54.; (4) Mellors JW, et al. Prognosis in HIV-1 infection predicted by the quantity of virus in plasma. Science. 1996 May 24;272(5265):1167-70.; (5) O’Brien WA, et al Changes in plasma HIV-1 RNA and CD4+ lymphocyte counts and the risk of progression to AIDS. Veterans Affairs Cooperative Study Group on AIDS. N Engl J Med. 1996 Feb 15;334(7):426-31.; (6) Ruiz L, et al. Quantitative HIV-1 RNA as a marker of clinical stability and survival in a cohort of 302 patients with a mean CD4 cell count of 300 x 10(6)/l. Aids. 1996 Sep;10(11):F39-44.; (7) Saag MS, et al. HIV viral load markers in clinical practice. Nat Med. 1996 Jun;2(6):625-9.
Xpert HIV-1 Viral Load is a quantitative test that provides on-demand molecular testing.
Based on the GeneXpert technology, Xpert HIV-1 Viral Load automates the test process including RNA extraction, purification, reverse transcription and cDNA real time quantitation in one fully integrated cartridge.
- Run daily or on-demand
- No requirements for PCR room settings
- No daily maintenance or liquid waste management
- 92 minutes run time with a viral load trend report*
- No batch, no delay
- 1 minute hands-on time
- Compatible with any lab volume
- Providing up to 394 viral load results per 8 hours^
- Random access 24/7 availability
- Run multiple different tests on the same platform at any time
- Fixed cost per reportable result independent of daily volume
* Trend report available for patients’ viral load measured multiple times on the same GeneXpert.
^ Operational throughput on Infinity-80; internal analysis.
- Improve Patient Care: Same day results support better clinical decisions
- Increase Efficiency: Rapid results enable earlier adjustments to appropriate therapy
- Strengthen Communities: Quick decisions can help reduce drug resistance
Move your lab forward
- No Waiting: Deliver individual patient results when they’re most needed
- Simple & Organised: True 24/7 random access accommodates other urgent test requests
- Flexible: Adapt to any throughput requirement
- Improve Service: Run more than one test simultaneously
- Cepheid - The Molecular Diagnostics Leader
- Catalog #: GXHIV-VL-CE-10
Xpert HIV-1 Viral Load
Number of Tests: 10
- How can I place an order?
Submit your request using our Request Information form, or call 1.888.838.3222, select option 1.