Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection is the most common sexually transmitted infection worldwide. On a global basis, HPV genotypes 16 and 18 are associated with approximately 71% of all cases of cervical cancer, and HPV genotype 45 is associated with approximately 6% of additional cases of cervical cancer.1
Cervical cancer screening programs vary, based upon local guidance that consider testing algorithms, resources, skill set and infrastructure.
Most HPV NAAT tests are complicated to use and batch testing can delay results critical for scheduling patient consultations for follow-up testing or colposcopy.
The ideal HPV test can flexibly integrate easily into most environments, and enable physicians to effectively risk stratify patients based on cytology and high risk HPV. Further, rapid comprehensive HPV results that include integrated high risk HPV 16 and HPV 18 testing strategies support quality decision making for colposcopy referral.2
(1) de SanJose, S. et al. Human papillomavirus genotype attribution in invasive cervical cancer: a retrospective cross-sectional worldwide study. Lancet Oncol 2010; 11: 1048–56.; (2) Cox JT, Castle PE, Behrens CM, et al. Comparison of cervical cancer screening strategies incorporating different combinations of cytology, HPV testing, and genotyping for HPV 16/18: results from the ATHENA HPV study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2013;208:184.e1-11.
Now both cytology and molecular laboratories can run a HPV test with confidence. Each test cartridge contains everything you need, including two controls to ensure test integrity and performance. With Xpert HPV, efficient same-day patient consultation is within reach of clinicians.
On-demand HPV testing — a next generation solution:
- Highest risk HPV 16 and HPV 18/45 call-outs enhances patient stratification
- 14 HPV genotypes, one mL, one hour — ONE test for triage, co-testing, or screening algorithms
- Sample adequacy control (SAC) detects the presence of a single copy human gene and monitors whether the sample contains human DNA for enhanced results integrity
- HPV results in 60 minutes for same-visit clinician/patient consult, minimizes need for repeat visits
- Scalable platform automation delivers on-demand results, eliminating delays associated with batch testing
Not all cervical cancer prevention programs are designed the same. Your workflow should be designed to meet your needs — not the prerequisites of your HPV testing platform.2 Deliver your best care with Xpert HPV.
- Cepheid - The Molecular Diagnostics Leader
- Catalog #: GXHPV-CE-10
Number of Tests: 10
- How can I place an order?
Submit your request using our Request Information form, or call 1.888.838.3222, select option 1.