In the hospital setting, patients admitted with severe Norovirus infection can be a source of this infection to other patients. It is important that patients infected with Norovirus are identified as early as possible. Rapid molecular testing, when combined with prompt infection control measures of infected patients, provides an important new weapon in our battle against healthcare associated infections."
Honorary Senior Lecturer in Medical Microbiology at the University of Edinburgh
Norovirus is a highly contagious virus and is the most common cause of viral gastroenteritis worldwide. Globally, the virus affects approximately 267 million people and causes over 200,000 deaths each year.1
- Norovirus outbreaks in healthcare institutions require immediate implementation of infection control measures to avoid ward closures
- Patients with acute diarrhea should be placed into isolation until proven non-infectious
- The majority of Norovirus infections are caused by genotype I & genotype II (GI & GII) — both of which must be tested for to ensure proper outbreak prevention and management
(1) Patel MM, Widdowson MA, Glass RI, Akazawa K, Vinje J, et al. (2008) Systematic literature review of role of noroviruses in sporadic gastroenteritis. Emerg Infect Dis 14: 1224–1231. doi: 10.3201/eid1408.071114 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2600393/
Controlling a Norovirus outbreak requires an accurate, easy-to-use test that detects Noroviruses of genogroup I (GI) and genogroup II (GII), which are responsible for the majority of infections.
Xpert® Norovirus delivers:
- High sensitivity and specificity with results in as little as one hour*, delivering accurate and actionable results for immediate decisions
- Accurate identification of norovirus infections can help ensure adequate isolation management (guided cohorting)
- Laboratory efficiencies with on-demand workflows requiring less than one minute of hands-on time
- Optimized management of isolation beds for improved patient management and reduced costs
* with EAT (Early Assay Termination), for positive results
Having an accurate and fast Norovirus test provides actionable information for clinicians to improve patient management and outcomes. Xpert Norovirus provides the most efficient and cost effective use of your valuable resources in identifying, preventing and managing outbreaks.
Accelerate your laboratory’s workflow
- Deliver same day results to clinicians in as little as one hour
- Instrument consolidation lowers operating costs while increasing laboratory service
- Achieve same-day containment and improve patient management and outcomes
- Cepheid - The Molecular Diagnostics Leader
- Catalog #: GXNOV-CE-10
Number of Tests: 10
- How can I place an order?
Submit your request using our Request Information form, or call 1.888.838.3222, select option 1.