The tremendous increase of both hospital acquired and community acquired MRSA in skin and soft tissue infections requires a change in management of these infections. Cepheid's on-demand Xpert® MRSA/SA SSTI test detects the presence of S. aureus (SA) or methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) in skin and soft tissue infections in less than one hour.
SSTIs are a major health concern
- The most common cause of skin and soft tissue infections is Staph aureus; MRSA represents over 50% of these infections in parts of the U.S.
- Current laboratory methods can take up to 72 hours to determine if a SSTI is SA or MRSA
- Empiric treatment, found to be incorrect in 57% of patients according to one study, is employed due to lack of a rapid identification method
The only rapid and comprehensive SSTI test available
- Xpert MRSA/SA SSTI is a rapid, on-demand test for detecting MRSA and SA from skin and soft tissue swabs in less than one hour
- Xpert MRSA/SA SSTI is the most comprehensive Staph aureus test available:
- Includes targets for Staph aureus, MRSA, and mecA
- Identifies presumptive positive "empty cassette" strains for correct classification as SA sensitive
- Unparalleled automation with the GeneXpert® System provides reduced hands-on time and improved laboratory efficiency
Important healthcare benefits of rapid detection
- Helps ensure the right therapy sooner for improved patient management
- Enables a targeted antimicrobial therapy approach for better antimicrobial stewardship
- Allows for immediate identification of patient infection for improved isolation and infection control measures
- Cepheid - The Molecular Diagnostics Leader
- Catalog #: GXMRSA/SA-SSTI-CE
Xpert MRSA/SA SSTI
Number of Tests: 10
- How can I place an order?
Submit your request using our Request Information form, or call 1.888.838.3222, select option 1.