Targeted screening of subjects at high risk for MRSA colonization followed by immediate contact isolation using a rapid on-demand GeneXpert® System has the potential to decrease infection rates and overall hospital costs."
Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin & Labor Berlin,
Charité Vivantes Services GmbH
Control of MRSA in healthcare settings requires rapid and accurate tests to detect colonized patients.
- Approximately 171,200 healthcare-associated MRSA infections are acquired annually in the European Union (EU), resulting in 5,400 attributable deaths, more than 1 million excess days of hospitalization and € 380 million in excess in-hospital costs
- Between 2 and 53 million people are estimated to carry MRSA worldwide
- The average length of stay (LOS) for all MRSA patients in the EU is 11.5 days with an average attributable cost of € 7,478 per patient
Xpert® MRSA NxG is an accurate, rapid, on-demand PCR test that will help to:
- Optimize the effectiveness of your infection control program and guide the judicious use of barrier precautions
- Guide decolonization practices that reduce infection rates and decrease MRSA transmission
- Help decrease LOS and improve patient and bed management
- Help reduce infection control costs by limiting unnecessary use of isolation rooms and improve clinical outcomes
- Detect the presence of MRSA by targeting both the orfX SCCmec junction and the mecA or mecC genes for a more accurate MRSA detection
- Improve antibiotic stewardship by avoiding unnecessary decolonization
- Decreasing MRSA Transmissions and Surgical Site Infections: A Case Study
- Cepheid - The Molecular Diagnostics Leader
- Catalog #: GXMRSA-NXG-CE-10
Xpert MRSA NxG
Number of Tests: 10
- Catalog #: GXMRSA-NXG-CE-120
Number of Tests: 120
- How can I place an order?
Submit your request using our Request Information form, or call 1.888.838.3222, select option 1.