The GeneXpert® System has taken the TAT of results from 2-3 days down to a few hours. Now we do not have to presumptively isolate patients. This has helped to reduce nursing labor, improve bed management and reduce isolation costs in the ICU."
RN, BSN, MBA
MRSA infections are costly.
The human and financial impact of MRSA is high:
- MRSA now accounts for greater than 60% of hospital-acquired S. aureus infections in the United States (2004)
- Over 278,000 hospitalized persons are infected by MRSA annually
- Over 17,000 MRSA-related hospitalizations end in death
- Over $2.5 billion excess health care costs are attributable to MRSA infections
Rapid Active MRSA Surveillance Testing and Infection Control
- Reduction of healthcare-associated MRSA infections starts with active surveillance — Xpert® MRSA provides on-demand results in 66 minutes or less and has been proven to optimize effectiveness of infection control programs
- Xpert MRSA provides on-demand results — rapid identification of colonized patients allows for immediate actions for improved patient outcomes and reduced LOS
- Decreasing MRSA Transmissions and Surgical Site Infections: A Case Study
- Cepheid - The Molecular Diagnostics Leader
- Catalog #: GXMRSA-100N-10
Number of Tests: 10
- Catalog #: GXMRSA-120
Number of Tests: 120
- How can I place an order?
Submit your request using our Request Information form, or call 1.888.838.3222, select option 1.