Detection of patients carrying carbapenemase-producing microorganisms, with differentiation among the five major families of resistance genes, can significantly impact infection control. With results in less than an hour, we have the advantage of rapid implementation of epidemiological measures to control the spread of these microorganisms."
Professor of Microbiology at the Hospital Universitario Ramón y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
- The emergence and global spread of carbapenemase-producing organisms (CPO) is of great concern to health services worldwide
- These bacteria are often resistant to all beta-lactam antibiotics and frequently co-resistant to most other antibiotics, leaving very few treatment options
- Healthcare facilities need the ability to test high-risk patients and get an accurate result quickly during or prior to the admission process for better patient and bed management
- Traditional enriched culture methods are laborious, taking up to 72 hours for a result
- To address this infection control challenge, it is desirable to have a rapid, accurate, and easy to use on-demand PCR test
- A comprehensive test that detects and differentiates the most prevalent carbapenemases gene families (KPC, NDM, VIM, IMP-1 and OXA-48, now covering OXA-181 and OXA- 232) is important for a successful infection control program
- Xpert Carba-R is an on-demand PCR test that detects and differentiates the most prevalent carbapenemases gene families (KPC, NDM, VIM, IMP-1 and OXA-48, now covering OXA-181 & OXA-232) in 48 minutes
- Xpert Carba-R provides rapid and accurate detection of CPO; giving you actionable information to help prevent outbreaks and help determine the best patient management pathway
- Enhance your infection control program with Xpert Carba-R by identifying patients that are colonized with CPO quickly
- Xpert Carba-R identifies the specific genes that code for carbapenemase production that common culture methods alone cannot provide. Even sophisticated culture methods would not reveal these results in a time frame that allows effective infection control interventions
- Xpert Carba-R delivers the best tool for surveillance, monitoring, and control of CPOs
Xpert Carba-R is a critical tool:
Xpert Carba-R is a much-needed tool for rapid and accurate detection of patients colonized with multidrug resistant organisms to help prevent widespread outbreaks and determine the best infection prevention pathways.
- for rapid and accurate detection of patients colonized with multidrug resistant organisms to help prevent outbreaks and determine the best infection prevention pathways
- for active screening of patients transferred across borders and between healthcare facilities
- for active screening of high risk patients: from long-term care facilities, in transplant units, surgery and ICUs
Impact on Patient Pathway
- Cepheid - The Molecular Diagnostics Leader
- Catalog #: GXCARBAR-CE-10
Number of Tests: 10
- How can I place an order?
Submit your request using our Request Information form, or call 1.888.838.3222, select option 1.