Rapid identification of respiratory pathogens can help improve management of patient health. To be cost-effective and to break the chain of disease contagion, the diagnosis of influenza and other respiratory infections must be rapid, sensitive and specific."
Dr. Rémi Charrel, MD, PhD Reprinted with permission from an accepted peer-reviewed ESCV 2014 abstract
Respiratory viruses, especially influenza, mutate rapidly and novel strains can emerge with little notice. Overwhelming evidence now shows that rapid influenza and RSV tests lack adequate clinical performance and, therefore, clinical usefulness.1,2
Influenza: Evolution in Action
Emerging Flu Strains are a Constant Challenge
(1) Harper et al., Seasonal Influenza in Adults and Children—Diagnosis, Treatment, Chemoprophylaxis, and Institutional Outbreak Management: Clinical Practice Guidelines of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, Clinical Infectious Diseases 2009. (2) Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (RSV) http://www.cdc.gov/rsv/about/faq.html
A rapid, easy to use, next-generation test that is designed to detect and differentiate Flu A, Flu B, and RSV infection maximizes medical decision making – enabling real-time testing during a patient presentation.
Be Prepared with Extended Coverage
- Extended coverage and redundant target segments ensure accurate and reliable detection of Flu A, Flu B, and RSV infection
- Unprecedented human and avian influenza strain coverage
- Enhanced infection control and antiviral/antibiotic stewardship
- Improved operation and patient workflow
- On-demand testing provides peace of mind to both physician and patient
Single-test confidence will accelerate your laboratory’s workflow with on-demand, random-access flexibility. Combine performance with the capability to run other Xpert® tests (including GBS, MRSA, C. difficile, CT/NG, and MTB/RIF) on Cepheid’s GeneXpert® System to achieve proven productivity increases in overall laboratory service.3-7
- Achieve rapid results and improve patient management
- Early assay termination option: deliver results in as little as ~40 minutes*
- Quickly deliver targeted therapies and peace of mind to patients
* For positive result with Flu only or RSV only reporting
(3) The Perfect Storm. Cepheid Impact 06.2012 : Vol 2 : 4-7. (4) Increase Revenue and Improve Patient Safety. Cepheid Impact 06.2012 : Vol 2 : 8-11. (5) Less Uncertainty - Better Safety - More Healthy Newborns. Cepheid Impact 07.2012 : Vol 3 : 4-7. (6) The C. difficile Challenge. Cepheid Impact 07.2012 : Vol 3 : 10-15. (7) Improving Patient Safety. Cepheid Impact 10.2012 : Vol 4 : 8-11.
- Cepheid - The Molecular Diagnostics Leader
- Catalog #: GXFLU/RSV-CE-10
Xpert Flu/RSV XC
Number of Tests: 10
- How can I place an order?
Submit your request using our Request Information form, or call 1.888.838.3222, select option 1.